Today we’re featuring a mouthwatering pasta recipe! There’s nothing quite like some fresh pasta to warm the belly on a summer day or even during the freezing temperatures that winter brings.
This recipe is fairly straightforward and doesn’t require many ingredients. As always, the ingredients and recipe are both at the bottom of the post. What’s great about this quick fix is that it’s easy to add yummy ingredients like chicken or shrimp if desired!
Start by boiling some salted water for the pasta. While the water is heating, start melting the butter. Once the water is boiling, cook pasta until al dante. Drain, but do not rinse. Add a little olive oil to help with sticking.
While the pasta is cooking, mix together your parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, and melted butter.
Slice the tomatoes and chop the basil!
After draining the pasta, quickly toss in the parmesan mixture along with the tomatoes and basil! Mix well; if needed, add a little more olive oil.
Bruschetta Tomato Basil Pasta (serves 8)
- 1 box (14.5 oz) dry angel hair pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan, powdered or very finely grated
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder or dried flakes
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons melted, salted butter
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sweet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- (optional) Shaved parmesan for garnish
- (optional) Baguette for serving
- (optional) cooked/seasoned chicken or shrimp may be added.
1. Heat large pot of lightly salted water. Cook pasta to al dente. Drain, but do not rinse. Feel free to add a little olive oil to prevent from sticking.
2. While the pasta is cooking, combine in a small mixing bowl grated parmesan, pepper, vinegar, garlic powder, olive oil, and melted butter. Mix well.
3. Slice tomatoes and chop basil.
3. Once mixing is complete, add the parmesan mixture to the hot pasta and mix together well. If needed, add a little more olive oil. (*add cooked chicken or shrimp if desired.)
4. Toss in tomatoes and chopped basil and mix again.
5. For better presentation, serve with freshly shaved or grated parmesan and/or sliced and buttered baguette.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Ben & Miranda