When we stumble upon a dessert that makes us smile we can’t help but share the love! Today we’re featuring a melt-in-your-mouth dessert that is ridiculously easy to make. Let’s get down to making this heavenly treat.
As always, below we’ve listed the full recipe and list of ingredients.
Start by combining the cake mix, eggs, and oil into a large mixing bowl and mix.
Next, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a non-greased baking sheet.
While the cookies are baking, let’s make the filling. Add softened butter, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Once the cookies have cooled, pair cookie sizes together so each pair of cookies is a similar size. Grab a dollop of filling and put in the middle of one cookie. Take the other cookie and place on top and then softly press down to form the sandwich.
That’s it! Enjoy this marvelous treat with a glass of milk and a good book. 🙂
Chocolate Cake Whoopie Pies (yields approx. 15 cookies)
Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (or preferred flavor)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on non-greased baking sheet about 2 inches a part.
4. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing and placing on wire cooling racks. The cookies will flatten as they cool.
5. In a mixing bowl combine softened butter, marshmallow fluff (or cream), 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and powered sugar. Beat until smooth.
6. Spread onto bottom cookie and then place a second cookie on top and press down lightly to form the sandwich.
7. Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!
Ben and Miranda