Today we’re featuring one of our new favorite appetizers. It’s not only very simple to make but also incredibly tasty. Great for a New Year’s Eve party!
All you’ll need is a baguette and a few other ingredients to get started! As always, the complete list of ingredients and the full recipe are both listed at the bottom.
Let’s start making this delicious appetizer! Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slice your bread–we recommend 3/4″ slices.
Next it’s time to prepare the garlic butter spread. Melt some butter and add some garlic!
Combine the softened cream cheese and parmesan together and mix well.
Grease the baking sheet. Now it’s time to spread the garlic butter and the cream cheese onto the bread. Start with the butter and then evenly spread the cream cheese.
Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
While the bread is baking, dice the tomatoes.
Mix in some basil and a touch of olive oil.
Once the bread is a crispy golden brown, remove and pile on the tomato. Top with some more parmesan. We like to put the bruschetta back in the oven for a few minutes on broil to melt the parmesan.
That’s it! Serve warm and enjoy this lovely appetizer!
Creamy Parmesan & Tomato Bruschetta (yields 6-8 slices)
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 fresh baguette (6-8 slices, 3/4″ thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic juice or minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice baguette into 3/4″ slices.
3. Mix softened butter and garlic together.
4. Mix softened cream cheese and parmesan together to create a spread.
5. Spread the butter and cream cheese mixtures over one side of each slice.
6. Place slices on greased cooking sheet in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, dice up tomato and combine basil, olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper to taste in bowl.
8. Remove bread from oven and top slices with tomato. Sprinkle parmesan on top of tomato.
9. Put slices back in oven and broil at 400°F until parmesan is melted.
10. Remove from oven. Serve warm and enjoy!
Ben and Miranda